The focus that is main biographical articles on females experts into the STEM industry. Nonetheless, the main topics your competitors may be interpreted more broadly and writings that are also welcome ladies who aren’t boffins but are mixed up in technical and normal sciences (for instance, business owners in this industry); overview topics (such as for instance listings or articles about ladies in STEM as a notion).
If you’re not sure whether your article is entitled to the competition, consult the arranging committee at stemwikimedia.org.ua or compose towards the Wikimedia Ukraine venture Manager conversation web page.
- Ukrainian women in STEM
- Girls in STEM (articles about prominent schoolgirls and feminine students who have actually achievements in STEM)
- Science promoters (articles about ladies who are notable for marketing technology in STEM fields).
Champions of unique nominations will receive person prizes.
GOAL OF THE COMPETITION
Your competition is directed at making ladies’ achievements in technology more noticeable. Both in Ukraine and across the world, the sciences, technologies and engineering will always be male-dominated industries 1. So that you can address this instability which help females build professions in STEM, it’s important to disseminate information about ladies’ achievements within the sciences. Wikipedia, among the many information that is popular in the whole world, is a vital platform because of this.
Assist decrease the gender that is overall on Wikipedia, since articles about guys are about four times more many compared to those featuring females. The number of biographical articles about women is less than 15% of the total number of biographical articles k 3 for example, in the Ukrainian version of Wikipedia. You want to alter that.
HOW EXACTLY TO PARTICIPATE
1. Sign up for Wikipedia (get your nickname) or indication in for your requirements.
2. Create or supplement articles on Wikipedia throughout the competition (you may use the recommended topics or select your personal in the theme that is general of competition).
3. Improve the content to satisfy at least the quality that is basic:
- Articles needs to be initiated or enhanced by Wikipedia participants through the competition period;
- The written text of articles may well not include device interpretation without previous proofreading;
- Articles or improvements should always be at the least 3500 bytes in dimensions (on average 200-300 terms; the dimensions in bytes is examined japanese brides at brightbrides.net by pressing the View History tab near the top of this article);
- Wikipedia is an encyclopedia! Consequently, all articles must certanly be encyclopedic design;
- Wikipedia has relevance criteria (in particular, particular requirements for the prominence of researchers). The fundamental concept is in independent reputable sources that you can create a separate Wikipedia article about a person only if there are several publications about them;
- Wikipedia doesn’t tolerate plagiarism! Consequently, articles should include text produced by the contestant and really should not infringe copyright;
- Wikipedia will not allow initial research! Therefore, articles must be predicated on information formerly posted in reputable sources (newspapers/magazines/books, etc. ) and really should add links to those sources.
To learn more about how exactly to develop a Wikipedia article and rules, make use of the assistance web web page.
4. Post the after line on the conversation web web page associated with article:
(if you post a template to your article produced by someone else, modification for the nickname regarding the article writer)
Articles without this template might never be contained in the competition submissions.
4.1. The template (for special nomination «Ukrainian women in STEM») and/or (for special nomination «Girls in STEM») and/or (for the special nomination «Science promoter») if article participates in special nominations, you need to also put on the discussion page.
5. This article can be enhanced prior into the competition period closing. The better article that is each with regards to completeness and quality during the time of the end of your competition, the bigger likelihood of winning you have got.
6. Repeat actions 2 – 5 as much that you can.
The jury comprises of experienced Wikipedians (Wikipedia contributors) with expertise in STEM or gender studies, in addition to invited experts.
Brunei is just a scientist that is ukrainian the industries of biology in addition to reputation for technology, composer of about 20 Wikipedia articles on experts in Ukrainian.
Helixitta is A ukrainian scientist in the field of biology.
Krutyvuss – Associate PhD of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of Political Science, Law and Philosophy, expert associated with the European Union Project “Equal possibilities and Women’s Rights in Ukraine” (2008-2011), implementer for the EU Erasmus+ Project “Gender Studies Curriculum: one step for. Democracy and comfort in EU-Neighboring Countries with Different Traditions” (2015-2019).
Tohaomg is just a Bachelor in Computer Science, a contributor to science and engineering associated subjects.
Nataliya Martynenko is Program Assistant on Youth and correspondence during the un Population Fund Representative workplace in Ukraine.
Tamara Martseniuk is a sociologist, an expert in sex studies, a lecturer during the nationwide University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy.